Egothor is an Open Source, high-performance, full-featured text search engine
written entirely in Java. It is technology suitable for nearly any application
that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform. It can be configured
as a standalone engine, metasearcher, peer-to-peer HUB, and, moreover, it can
be used as a library for an application that needs full-text search.
Key features of egothor
- Written in JAVA for cross platform compatibility.
- New dynamization algorithm for fast index updating.
- Fully 64-bit kernel
- Transactions (ACID)
- Plagiarism detection
- Document revisions, Xdelta
- Incremental updates
- Queries can be solved in a parallel manner
- Able to recognize the most familiar file formats: HTML, PDF, PS,
and Microsoft's DOC, and XLS.
- The best compression methods are used, i.e. Golomb, Elias-Gamma, Block coding.
- Based on the extended Boolean model which can operate as the Vector or Boolean models.
- Universal stemmer that processes any language.